020 8798 3219
Terms and Conditions
Please carefully read our Terms & Conditions as in the event of any dispute it is the policy of Cleanicol Ltd to enforce its Terms of agreement.
The Client agrees that any use of the services provided by Cleanicol Ltd shall constitute their acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. Our cleaning service may be ordered by telephone, e-mail or on-line and the client agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- 1.1 We Cleanicol Ltd agree to undertake the work for you, the Customer (being Person, Company, Partnership or Legal Body as to who the quote is made) upon the terms specified below and as contained in the quotation supplied.
- 1.2 The agreement comes into effect when signed, or verbally accepted by you, or on commencement of the work whichever comes first.
- 1.3 Nothing in this Agreement affects your statutory rights unless they have been lawfully excluded or limited.
2. Domestic: Carpet & End/Pre Tenancy & one-off cleaning
- 2.1 Customer agrees to provide a list of tasks and all cleaning materials and equipment needed for the required work, unless other arrangements have been made with the Company.
- 2.2 All cleaning equipment should be safe and in full working order.
- 2.3 The client must allow the cleaner access to hot water and power & WC.
- 2.4 All fragile and breakable items must be secured or removed.
- 2.5 Cleaners are not able to move heavy furniture whilst we clean your property.
- 2.6 It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the cleaners have full access to the property being cleaned.
- 2.7 Cleaners will not perform any deep clean requiring chemicals or specialised cleaning of any antique, delicate or valuable items.
- 2.8 Fridges and Freezers must be thoroughly defrosted and emptied before cleaning can commence.
- 2.9 Kitchen cupboards must be emptied before cleaning can commence.
- 2.10 The standard end of tenancy cleaning does not include cleaning of walls, ceilings, curtains, balconies, patios, exterior windows and carpets.
- 2.11 It is always essential that you or a member of your household is present at the start and end of a One-off clean to ensure that you are happy and point out areas you want specifically cleaned.
- 2.12 We will not be held liable for work not completed, or not completed to a good standard, if other people or tradesmen are working in the same property when our cleaners are working and carrying out the job.
- 2.13 Company reserves the right not to be responsible for:
- cleaning job not complete due to: the lack of suitable cleaning materials and/or equipment in full working order, lack of hot water or power; third party
entering or present at the customer’s premises during the cleaning process;
- wear or discolouring of fabric becoming more visible once dirt has been removed;
- failing to remove old/permanent stains that cannot be removed using standard carpet cleaning methods. Company shall not be liable for the shrinkage of carpets as a result of poor fitting. Company shall not be responsible for any damage caused as a result of the Client placing furniture on a carpet which has not completely dried.
- existing damage or spillage that cannot be cleaned/removed completely using materials provided by the customer or standard carpet cleaning equipment; - any damages caused by a faulty or not in full working order materials/equipment supplied by the customer;
- accidental damages worth £100.00 or less; any accidental damages caused by our cleaners if the customer has an unpaid balance owed to the Company.
- 2.14 If collection of keys is required from a location outside the postal code area of the cleaning scheduled, £15 charge will apply.
3. Our obligations and restrictions of liability
- 3.1 We agree to carry out the work with reasonable care and skill.
- 3.2 We will charge for the work undertaken as specified in the quote and any additional work as agreed at the price specified in our quotation.
- 3.3 Whilst every effort will be made to start the work on the time specified we reserve the right to be up to two hours late in the event of matters that are outside our control. If we are running late and if inconvenient for the customer then we can rebook. If a new booking is not made within 7 working days then we reserve the right to charge the full amount of the estimate.
- 3.4 The company carries full public liability and treatment risk insurance. A copy of the certificate is available upon request. The company is fully insured against damage however cover may not be on a new for old basis.
- 3.5 Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning: Whilst every care is taken no guarantees can be given as to the reaction of certain materials to the treatment. If this is the case we cannot be held responsible for the damage as a result of treatment. We cannot be held liable for carpets that are damaged were they have been incorrectly fitted or shrunk or become loose over a period of time. As part of the drying process we may leave windows open. If we do leave windows open we cannot be held responsible for security to the premises or damage to the windows. Carpet stains and spots – Cleanicol Ltd will try to remove carpet stains and spots but cannot guarantee complete removal. Certain fibres sometimes become lighter in appearance depending on colour, yarn type and dye used during manufacture. This is true for natural fibres such as wool. We will endeavour to minimise this effect by correct use of appropriate cleaning solutions. We will not be held responsible for change in appearance of carpet or upholstery material through colour loss where we attempt to remove stains and spots. We cannot restore colour to carpet or upholstery where it has faded due to sunlight and through normal wear-and-tear. Every effort is made to remove most stains, however occasionally there are stains which are permanent and cannot be moved completely. Parking, congestion and access fee may be applied. Room prices are based on national average 2/3/4 bedroom terraced house. An additional charge maybe added for upper floor flats without a lift as the equipment required is heavy.
- 3.6 Should we not be able to commence the work due to your failure to be on the premises or make arrangements for access at the given time, or there are safety issues for our staff we reserve the right to charge as per the original quote, or make an additional charge as applicable.
- 3.7 We are happy to move furniture but cannot be held responsible for any damage or breakages. Furniture with draws or cupboards must be emptied.
- 3.8 We cannot be responsible of Acts of God or events beyond our control including travel problems and equipment failure.
- 3.9 The company will not be liable for any consequential loss due to any work carried out or any damage caused by its employees.
- 3.10 Whilst the company carries full insurance (see 2.4 above) it reserves the right in the first place to correct the fault by reasonable means.
- 3.11 Whilst every effort is made to ensure safety and optimum results are achieved we cannot be held responsible for shrinkage and or colour run. If this can be identified at the time of commencement we will discuss with you a course of action.
- 3.12 If on arrival the work is not as specified by the customer at the time of the quote we reserve the right to cancel the job and retain any deposit paid or increase the price.
4. Your obligations
- 4.1 It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure no dangerous materials or substances are on the property or are within access areas to the property.
- 4.2 The customer must move any breakables, picture frames or items of value prior to the work commencing. If our staff is asked to do this we will not be responsible for damages.
- 4.3 The customer undertakes not to enter any private contract with any of the company’s staff or agents for private work in relation to the same or similar activities of the company.
- 4.4 The customer must inform the company of any restrictions on vehicle parking within the vicinity of the property in which the work is carried out. Failure to do so may result in delay and additional cost.
- 4.5 Whilst every care is taken by our staff security of the premises whilst the work is being carried out is the responsibility of the client.
- 4.6 Additional work can be undertaken at time work is to commence at an agreed price with the company employee authorised to do work and must be paid for on the same terms as agreed for the original quote
- 4.7 Whilst the quote is given in good faith should there be restriction of access, both to the property and to the room and this is not notified at the time of the quotation the company reserves the right to refuse to carry out the work and charge for the work as originally quoted.
5. Quotations and Estimates
- 5.1 A deposit of up to 30% may be required at the time of booking.
- 5.2 Upon signing of the contract or acceptance of the quote you have a maximum of 7 days to change your mind (or whatever period is currently stipulated under current UK law). Any deposit paid will be returned.
- 5.3 Quote is valid for a period of 28 days unless otherwise agreed.
- 5.4 We do not currently charge VAT.
- 5.5 Quote and contract are both governed by the Laws of United Kingdom and Northern Ireland.
- 5.6 Where quotes are given without site access or unseen we reserve the right to charge more where it is found that stains, services or access is different to what has been stated by the customer.
6. Payments and terms
- 6.1 Payment is to be made on completion of work unless otherwise agreed. We also reserve the right to ask for full payment before work commences.
- 6.2 Company reserves the right to charge interest at 8% above base rate on late payment. Payment can be made in Cash, cheque or Electronic transfer.
- 6.3 In the event the client is not available on completion, payment must be made before commencement unless prior arrangement has been made.
- 6.4 If payment is made by cheque, a guarantee card is required. Any dishonoured bounced cheques will be charged against customer together with any bank charges.
- 6.5 If payment is not made after 30 days of invoice then the account will be passed to our collections agency, after which a charge of 15% on top of the initial invoice due, will be added to the debt. The Customer agrees as part of this contract to pay this sum which represents our reasonable costs in collecting the unpaid amounts.
- 6.6 Company will collect any outstanding monies owed to us. If as a result we have to use a debt collecting agency or county court to secure payment, you agree to pay any debt collecting agency fees, court fees, legal cost, or interest that will occur due to the result of non payment of your outstanding bill.
- 7.1 The client may re-schedule a service by giving at least a 24 hour notice.
- 7.2The client may cancel a service by giving at least a 48 hour notice.
- 7.3 If not notified on time the Company will not refund any deposit paid in advance or will charge a cancellation fee of up to 50% of the quoted price for the booked service.
- 7.4 The cancellation notice period for regular cleaning service is minimum 30 days unless it says differently on a written contract.
- 7.5 The Client must pay to the Company any amounts that he/she owes under the agreement.
- 7.6 Company reserves the right to cancel the cleaning service with immediate effect due to non payment.
- 7.7 The customer agrees that after the termination of the cleaning service he/she will not hire or use any domestic services provided by a past cleaner introduced to the customer by the Company. If the customer does wish to hire or use domestic services provided by such a cleaner than he/she must pay a referral fee of £1,000.
- 7.8 Customer agrees to pay the full price of the cleaning visit in the event of our cleaners being turned away, no one home to let them in or problem with customer’s keys. If keys are provided they must open the lock without any special efforts or skills.
- 7.9 If an initial deposit has been paid to the Company then the customer agrees that deposit funds may be used to cover the cancellation fee.
8. Complaints and Claims
- 8.1. In case of a complaint, we ask you to notify us within 24 hours of completion of the carpet/ cleaning work. We will not consider any complaints that are notified after a period of 24 hours. If you are dissatisfied with the work, a cleaner must be allowed to return and re-do the job at no extra charge.
- 8.2. If you have scheduled an inventory check then it must be scheduled to commence no later than 24 hours after the cleaning job has been carried out. We will not accept a complaint based on an Inventory check report, filed more than 24 hours after the cleaning session.
- 8.3. We require your presence or that of your representative in the beginning and at the end of the cleaning session as an inspection can be carried out and if any corrections should be made on the same day.
- 8.4. All fragile and breakable items must be secured or removed. Items excluded from liability are: cash, jewellery, items of sentimental value (the customer will be credited with the items present cash value), art, and antiques.
- 9.1 Company reserves the right to subcontract work where deemed necessary
- 9.2 All work requested by the customer and carried out by the company within the terms of these conditions must be within current UK law and legislation.
- 9.3 We will not use your personal information for our personal gain or release this to any other party without your prior consent. Cleanicol Ltd. reserves the right to make any changes to any part of these terms and conditions without giving any prior notice